To Change the World You'll Need a Pen by Gill Humphrey

11:00

I decided I would mix things up this week and have combined papers from the Lady Vagabond and  Calligraphy to make a shadow box designed to look like shelves in a libary. I started by constructing 3 sepaarte MDF Art Shrines leaving off the front panels and joining them together to form a row of three. This was then painted with Aztec Gold Paint before lining the back with paper from the Calligraphy collection and the sides with the faux book image that comes in the Lady Vagabond collection.


Having done this I added fussy cut books - separating them out into smaller runs and varying the size of the image used. For depth I placed some of these on left over bits of greyboard so that the books sat at varying depths within the boxes.


I wanted to add some more interest and chose to use one of the doors from the Lady Vagabond Clear die cuts cut in half to go at the back of two of the panels and also several of the cat images (aka the Supervisor as nicknamed by Belinda Basson the creative brain behind this range. I added the cats to the back, between and the front of the books. I then added Aztec Gold painted corners from the Secret Diary Decorative chips set.

I then cast some letters using Prima Air Dry Modelling Compound from the Calligraphy Alphabet mould along with the title element "Vintage Tours" from Vintage Tour Mould. Once dry these were painted with black gesso before highlighting with Vintage Gold Wax.

On the floors of the boxes I added scraps of papers that had been rolled up and tied with scraps of lace and twine along side some metal keys. I also created faux piles of papers using more scraps of paper and tied this with the twine to create thin parcels.


On the top of my piece I added words taken from the paper pack - these were mounted onto pieces of mountboard so that they could be adhered into place and stand upright. More rolled up paper rolls were placed on the top along with more keys. Finally I tucked into place elements from the Calligraphy die cuts pack. 




I hope that my project this week has encouraged you to mix and match your collections of paper and still be able to produce a cohesive project.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is really gorgeous. I love how you layered the clear diecuts in between the books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook