When Nothing is Sure by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone, 

Today I am sharing a mixed media card , though the design would also lend itself to being a piece of wallart or maybe even a journal cover aswell. 


The card itself and all matt and layers were cut from cardstock.
 
For the background I worked with mixed media paper, a few Distress Oxides and a Distress Ink.  

After cutting the mixed media paper to size I added colour using Tim Holtz distress oxides (Pumice Stone, Speckled Egg, Weathered Wood, Hickory Smoke)    
I applied the inks directly to my craft mat, spritzed them with water and then picked up the colour with the paper by pressing, tapping and smooshing it into the wet ink.  I worked with a couple of the inks at a time, repeating the process, drying as I went. 

Some gentle blending with a distress ink (Salty Ocean) here and there came next before I repeatedly stamped AALL & Creates stamp 'Decimals' designed by Tracy Evans all over the background using Distress Archival inks (Hickory Smoke and Black Soot). 


 AALL & Create 'Lotsa Dotz' stencil designed by Autour De Mwa with Tim Holtz Distress texture paste provided some texture to finish off the background. 


For the small focal panel I covered a piece of mixed media paper with some of  AAll & Creates washi tape designed by Tracy Evans. knocking back some of the design with PaperArtsy fresco finish paint (Chalk) and splattering lightly with distress paint (Salty Ocean). 
I then stamped the panel with the butterfly from AALL & Creates 'Exterminati Sunti' stamp set designed by Olga Heldwein.   


To make a real feature of the butterfly I stamped it again on white card, water coloured it with distress inks, cut it out and after manipulating its wings adhered it to the stamped butterfly on the small focal panel. 
A Tim Holtz game spinner embellished the thorax


Manipulating the wings gave the butterfly a sense of movement and the card some dimension.


As butterflies are often seen to symbolise change, transformation, endless potential (amongst other things) I thought one of Tim Holtz small talk stickers provided some suitable words for the card: 

When Nothing is Sure....


....Everything is Possible 


Products I used: 

Paper Trimmer

Hope you've enjoyed your time here with me today. 
Thanks for stopping by 
 Have a  great creative week 
Take Care 
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook