All You Need Is Love by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone, 

Following on from the project I shared last week (here) I have continued my creativity with again That's Crafty! Surfaces and 13 Arts papers to create another mixed media art panel. 


I began by cutting away the round corners from a That's Crafty! White/Greyboard panel to leave a slightly smaller rectangle panel with square corners. 
I selected the wood panelled paper from 13arts 'Young and Free' paper pad and rather than use the paper as is, I cut the wood panels into individual strips so I could arrange them as I liked to cover the rectangle panel.  


Wanting the wooden panels to have an even more distressed/weathered look than they already had I sanded over them with a nail file /sandpaper. 


Some textured stenciling accented two opposing corners. 
I applied Tim Holtz Distress Crackle paste through That's Crafty's 'Screwheads' Dinky stencil. When dry I repositioned the stencil and coloured the stenciled paste with black acrylic paint. 


  Ink stamping added a touch of detail to the wooden panels.  
I stamped some of the number's from Tracy Evans large collage stamp from her AALL & Create 'Heart Grunge' stamp set in Hickory Smoke Archival Distress ink.

A few black paint splatters finished off the background. 
 

The central feature was created in the same way as the background. A That's Crafty! round, a That's Crafty! white/greyboard heart and a couple of That's Crafty! Craftyboard 'off-cuts' were all covered with left over strips of the wood panelled paper and sanded to distress more. 
The round formed the base of the feature, the heart the focus, with the smaller off cut in between. 
The thin 'off cut' was placed on top of the heart and embellished with a Tim Holtz Ideology Machinery head.
  

The title of the panel was taken from 13arts 'Rosalie's Letters' cardstock elements which is a 12x12 sheet of words/sentiments in three thickness of font.
 
'All You Need.... 


Is Love.... '


Products I used: 
Paper Trimmer/ Guillotine
Sandpaper/ Nail file
 
Thanks for joining me today.  
I really appreciate you giving up some of your time to pop by.   
Be sure to have a fun creative week 
Take Care 
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook