2 Hour Time Limit by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone, 

Today I'm sharing a small piece of mixed media art that I've created with some of 13Arts and That's Crafty! products. 

Theres nothing difficult about the creativity  all very straight forward so a suitable project for all whether you are a beginner  or a more seasonal maker. 

13Arts have recently released some new paper pads, papers, stickers and ephemera so for this project I used one of the papers from the 'Young and Free' collection.


I covered  a That's Crafty! White /Greyboard panel with a piece cut from my chosen paper. I then cut two thin strips from the same paper and adhered them to the covered panel as can be seen in the photo below  


After a  quick coat of matte medium to seal I began 'making the paper my own' so to speak.  

I roughed up the smooth look of the paper with a touch of brayered paint, blended in some yellowy colour tones and added some detail stamping and textured stenciling. 


 
For the colour I used Tim Holtz 'Scattered Straw' Distress ink and for the stamping I used one of the stamps from AAll and Creates 'Background Voices' stamp set.

For the textured stenciling I mixed Tim Holtz Distress Texture Paste with black paint and applied it through a couple of stencils: 'Adorable Circles' by 13Arts and 'Numbers' by That's Crafty!
  
A few paint splatters and the background was ready to be embellished. 


One of the paper designs in the 13Arts paper pad is full of small elements that have been designed to compliment the papers.


So for the focal feature I selected a couple,  the butterfly and the moth, cut then out and coloured them with the same Distress ink I'd blended into the background. I adhered the moth to the butterfly and rested them in the centre of a painted That's Crafty! Greyboard Round that I covered with a piece from Tim Holtz Ideology Layers: 'Urban' pack.   


Manipulating the wings of the butterfly and moth gave some lovely dimension to the finished project. 

Products I used: 

Paint Brush to splatter

Hope you have enjoyed spending some time with me today.  Thanks for stopping by. 
 Have a fun creative week 
See you again soon 
Take Care 
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook