Summer Dreams by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have a bright piece of artwork to share this week which shows just how much I'm looking forward to warmer weather with sunshine and lots of lovely blooms, especially in the patches of meadow along our stretch of the seaside as I was looking at some photos that I took last summer and couldn't resist creating art inspired by them.

Step by Step:

This is actually much simpler to create than you might think. My substrate is an MDF circle, the largest 8 inch size. I decided to cover it with paper so set about making this using an A3 piece of cartridge paper.

I found a large piece of bubble wrap in my recycling box and dabbed it with several shades of Multi Surface Paints using Light Blue, Light Pink, Yellow, Lavender and Lime. On the bottom section of the wrap I used more of the Lime.

I pressed the cartridge paper on to the bubble wrap several times until the surface was roughly covered and set it aside to dry completely.



I then set about creating my blooms and stamped several of Melina's gorgeous floral images on smooth cartridge paper with black ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. I painted all of the images with a variety of shades of Satin Inks which give a lovely sheen to the colours.

I decided on the placement of the flowers then glued them in place on the background, trimming as necessary. I stamped and heat embossed a butterfly to add, again painting with Satin Ink and stamped my chosen text on scraps of yellow paper, running black ink round the edges to emphasise them.

I finished off with some green thread through the top to hang my artwork up with.

Supplies:

Bubble Wrap
Smooth Cartridge Paper 
Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 
Fliss x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is gorgeously bright and beautiful! Take care and stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook