Tulip by Amanda Southern

11:00

 Hi Everyone
For this weeks post I am sharing one of the samples that I made to support the launch of new stamps and stencils designed by Melina Dahl, these all featured on the 'The Craft Store (formally Hochanda) last week.


Here's What I Did:

I created this piece by mounting both my finished layers onto 2 MDF square panels the smaller being 6 inch square and the background being an 8" square. To make the 6 inch panel I started with a piece of white heavy cardstock and onto that I blended on a selection of Distress inks using a blending tool, the colours I used were Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Tumbled Glass, Cracked Pistachio and blending them over each other creates other colours. Once I was happy with the blending I covered the circle stencil with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink and lightly spritzed with water and then laid the stencil, ink side down, on top of my blended background to get a print of the stencil. 

To add some stamped details to the piece I stamp on the text using a stamp from Lynne's collection. I then glued the background to the MDF panel and trimmed off the excess using a very sharp knife. I had some of the background left over so decided to add some dimension to the piece by covering some Craftyboard inchies and twinchies. To all of the smaller pieces and the outside of the 6" square I added a rough edge using Black Multi Surface paint which I applied with my finger for a random edge and flicked splashes of white paint across the piece.

I stamped the Tulip and wanted to keep it black and white against the colourful background so I lightly toned it using grey coloured pencils and added it onto the raised inchies and twinchies. The sentiment comes from another That's Crafty! stamp set 'The Language of Trees' set 2 which I heat embossed in white on black card. I thought the piece was now finished but decided it needed a background to it so I worked on the 8" square MDF Panel. I first painted over the square with White Multi Surface Paint and when that was dry I stencilled through the circle stencil using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and again a blending tool. You don't need to cover it completely as you are going to cover most of it up. I added some flicks of black paint.


Final stage just glue the tulip MDF board onto the background frame board.

Here's What I Used:

If you didn't catch the shows on the Craft Store (formally Hochanda) you will be able to watch both of the shows from last Friday 23rd April on the channels catch up section.

See you next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook