Endless Time by Liz Wheeler

11:00

For today's guest blog I have used some fun techniques to create a cool dramatic abstract piece.

I started by randomly brayering light layers of Rich Hobby Metallic Paints in Fuschia, Dream Pink, Cream, Pistacchio and Red on some white card. 




I then stamped Steampunk Borders from Stamperia three times onto the background with Fantasia VersaFine Clair Ink and applied Queen of Hearts WOW! Embossing Powder over the images and heat set.



I then trimmed each piece down and attached to black card leaving a small border. I then cut some longer strips of paper from a 6x6 inch pack of In Bloom from 13Arts, and again mounted on black card. 

The abstract embossed strips were attached to the backing paper strips with some That's Crafty! Multi-Purpose Craft Glue and I used some leftover pieces of greyboard to raise the abstract pieces and create a more 3d effect.

These were then mounted on some cream card, then black card and finally another cream card. 




I added wording to some leftover background card, and layered onto black card and added to the front of the piece. 


A couple of really quick, but effective techniques to create some gorgeous backgrounds. I do so love using the gorgeous thick WOW! Embossing powders in my abstract pieces, and the metallic paints in the background really lifts the effect!


I hope you try this technique - and Happy Crafting!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Stunning! I have been searching for some of that paint.... search over.
    Love the embossed borders, this whole card is just divine!!
    Thank you for sharing although I now need retail therapy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook