Chocks Away by Liz Wheeler

11:00

For today's guest blog I have used one of favourite stamp sets Les Pabos - Aviateur from Katzelkraft, to create a fun card.

I started with my round Gel Press Plate and added a couple of swipes of Distress Oxides in Chipped Sapphire and Peacock Feathers, then spritzed with a small amount of water and took a couple of prints. I chose the lighter of the two prints and added a swipe of Squeezed Lemonade to the gel plate and went back into the print with the impression. I then cut out a 4" circle from the print, and edged with the Chipped Sapphire.




I then stamped the main Aviator image onto the print and coloured in using Candied AppleBrushed CorduroyIced Spruce and Rustic Wilderness Oxide Ink.


For the background card I added the Chipped Sapphire, Squeezed Lemon and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxides to my glass mat and spritzed with water, picking up the colours on my card. 
I then used That's Crafty's Cogs and Gears stencil and brushed through some white paint, then when that dried went over the stencil with some Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide. 




I added a greeting and mounted both that and the main circle image on some leftover pieces of Craftyboard to raise them off the page and edged round the main background with Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide. 

Finally I mounted on some black card then a white card.


I really enjoyed making this project, especially the layered background. Sometimes by the time you have finished adding layers, you can only see part of the first couple of layers, but that's the whole point of the process - just keep on going!

Happy Crafting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook