A Little Tea Bag Bound Book by Liz Wheeler

11:00

For today's Blog I have made a lovely little journal with a fun, quick binding that I'm sure you will want to try. 


For some of the inner pages, I started by printing some mixed images on my 3x5" Gel Press Plate, adding texture by imprinting the back of Stamperia Mould Damask over the layer of acrylic paint on the Gel Press Plate. 



Each time, I brayered the excess paint over a piece of  Tea Bag Paper. I then stamped one of the Steampunk Borders from Stamperia with Stazon Midnight Blue directly onto the Gel Plate. I let it dry then layered with acrylic paint. This produced a fantastic print.



I cut these prints down to 5x3 inches, and also cut down a sheet of 13 Arts Paper 'On the Wall' to the same size. 


For the binding of my little book, I added a small amount of Rich Hobby Metallic Paint in Copper (my favourite!) to the piece of tea bag paper in random places, then cut it down to 1x2 inch strips. To bind the pages I attached 2 strips of the tea bag paper to the back page and the next to last page with some That's Crafty Multi Purpose Glue. I then folded these pages together and attached the next page in the same way, this time adding 3 strips of paper, alternating 2 and 3 strips with the rest of the pages. 




When I got to the front page I attached 5 strips to the left hand side then wrapped them round and glued to the back page. 

Finally, I distressed the edge of my book's front and back covers with Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide, and added a label and mini flowers from my stash.

I love this binding technique so much, and it is a quirky way to display your mini pieces of art. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook