Crackle and Bling! by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 


Hello!

I have another sample from last week's shows on The Craft Store to share this week, again featuring lots of crackle but this time some gorgeous bling has crept in. I couldn't resist it for some lovely contrast to the deeper shades of the crackle background.

Step by Step:

I created the background first on my chosen substrate, an MDF plaque which I painted with Evergreen Multi Surface Paint after adding a pattern down the right hand side with Texture Paste and the new A5 All Circles stencil.

I added a coat of Crackle Glaze once the paint was dry and left it until it was tacky before applying 3 shades of Multi Surface Paint - Lavender, Lime and Magenta - painted on the glaze in rough downward streaks. Lovely crackle appeared as it dried.

The covering of Crackle Glaze and paint meant that my stencilled circles pattern was a lot more subtle than I wanted so I placed the stencil over the area again and swiped on 3D Holographic Gel which dried to a lovely glittery green and made the pattern pop.


I took one of the cute mini cheeseboard shapes and painted this evergreen too. I again added a coat of Crackle Glaze and this time over-painted with Lime and Yellow Multi Surface Paints.

I stamped the largest flower from Melina's set with black ink, heat embossing with clear powder. I painted the flower with Dark Pink and Lime Satin inks and cut it out. 


I stamped my text on a white/greyboard plaque coloured with Lavender and Magenta paints. I stamped with black ink and heat embossed with clear powder.


I assembled the plaque using a mix of 3D glue and That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Aadhesive. The finishing touch was to add some ribbon at the top.

Supplies:



Have a great and hopefully crafty weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook