Make Family Memories Together by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone 

To share with you today I have created a vintage mixed media tag with a rustic vintage feel. 


The background  was created 'off the tag' on white card .

I spritz a piece of white card with water and scrunched it up into a tight ball, spritzing as I scrunched and finishing with a final spritzing. 
The water breaks up the fibres of the card making it easier to 'scrunch into a tighter ball. 


 I set aside to air dry and when completely dry I opened up the ball of scrunched up card to reveal all the creases and texture that the 'spritz and scrunch' ( my unofficial name for this technique) had created. 


To colour I used a few of Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains (Crackling Campfire, Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed, Ground Espresso) and added some splatters with Distress Spray Oxides (Crackling Campfire, Speckled Egg)

For some stamping detail I used a couple of stamps from some of Tim Holtz stamp sets with Distress Archival inks. 

I cut a piece from the larger background panel to fit a That's Crafty! Greyboard #8 tag and adhered in place. 


Some of Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paste, grunged up with Distress Crayon added some additional texture around the sides, top and bottom of the tag. 

 

To embellish the tag I used a couple of That's Crafty Greyboard 'Leaves' and one of Tim Holtz paper dolls. 

The greyboard leaves were covered with real leaves from my garden and fastened together with a small piece of natural twine.


The Paper-doll is from Tim Holtz original cast -  Grandma Enid with her cute little grandchild, Charlie. Their coats and hat were tinted with distress crayons.  

They were off out on a rustic walk in the woods to collect leaves, share stories and
'Make Family......


......Memories Together'.


 
Products I used: 

White Card
Tim Holtz Distress Crayons: Ground Espresso, Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Stamps: Entemology (CMS328), Grunged (CMS402) - not currently in stock at That's Crafty! but any detail stamp can be used. That's Crafty! have some in the stamp category of the shop 
Tim Holtz Paper dolls. Any paper doll from any of the casts could be used. 
Tim Holtz Chit Chat Stickers. Tims  Small Talk / Big Chat / Label Stickers could be used or a stamped sentiment/ quote. 

Hope you have enjoyed your time here with me todaynd that maybe i have offered some creative inspiration for your own creativity. 
Thanks for joining me 
Have a great week 
Take Care 
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook