Happy Christmas with That’s Crafty! Bits and Pieces by Nikki Acton

11:00







For my first Christmas cards this year I have used the Christmassy greyboard Bits and Pieces as featured on Hochanda. I have also used the Dinky Snowflake stencil which I think might be a firm favourite! Here is what I did:


Snowflake Background Panel


I took the That’s Crafty! Snowflake Dinky stencil and added Versamark all over. I then carefully placed it (Versamark side down)  on some card and ran this through my Big Shot to transfer the ink onto the card. I brushed over with blue mica powder and then used a spray fixative to seal.


Snowflake


I gave the greyboard snowflake a coat of gesso before stippling That’s Crafty! Silver metallic paint to create some texture. While wet I sprinkled a little white and silver embossing powder onto the paint. Once the paint was dry I heat embossed to activate the powder. 






Dove


I coated the greyboard in white gesso and once dry covered it in Glossy Accents. I sprinked over clear glitter and once dry added a little pearl for the eye.







Greenery


I used some Tim Holtz die cuts that were on my desk – but you could use the That’s Crafty! greyboard Holly and Mistletoe or other dies cuts. I painted them in That’s Crafty! Multi Surface Green paint and once dry sponged a little silver over the top.


Matt and Layering


I used some patterned paper from my stash and some white card that I sponged with That’s Crafty! Shimmer paint in blue.

See you next week!

Nikki



Supplies


That’s Crafty! Shimmer/Metallic Paints – Blue and Silver
Big Shot
Embossing Powder – Silver and White

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. These are beautiful! Love the sparkle and the gorgeous embellys! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful, Nikki.
    Your background with the snowflakes looks amazing, and the bird and snowflake in each their glittery look, are so lovely .
    A wonderful composition and the dye is perfect !
    Love them !!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Nikki. Love your snowflake background and the embellishing is sparkly gorgeous too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The greyboard surfaces really do make great embellishments for cards. Love the shimmer on these Nikki, they have really captured the spirit of Christmas.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning Nikki! Oh you've inspired me to think of Christmas indeed! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful Christmas cards Nikki, if only all Christmas cards looked as lovely as these!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful use of the grey board Christmas pieces
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely Nikki. My favorite part is the single green branch with the pearl across the bottom. Some how - to me - it just brings everything together perfectly. I always enjoy seeing your creativity! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nikki, so very pretty. Like the colours you worked with.
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook