Oxide Ombre by Nikki Acton

11:00








A relatively simple Birthday card today – which is appropriate as it is my birthday!
Well this isn’t my usual colour palette – but I rather like it! I took three colours of Distress Oxide – Candied Apple, Seedless Preserves and Wilted Violet. I used Tim Holtz Tiles stencil to to create a red/purple background – blending one colour into another with Cut and Dry Foam.

On a separate piece of card I had added Grunge Paste through another stencil and allowed to dry. I added the same three colours of Oxide and spritzed heavily with water to allow the colours to blend. This was just experimenting really but I decided to die cut some butterflies from it. I added a little extra ink around the edges too.

For my matt layer again I used the same three colours and spritzed to achieve that speckled ‘oxidised’ effect. To finish I added a birthday sentiment and some stars (from Rubber Dance – Textured Flowers stamp set).

 See you next week!

Nikki


Supplies


Tim Holtz Distress Oxides – Seedless Preserves, Candied Apple, Wilted Violet

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. It is so gorgeous Nikki, wow the colors, and amazing butterflies, you die cut from that experimental make, :-) They are so beautiful !!
    A wonderful card , you created for yourself, lol
    Happy Birthday to you, again.
    Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really gorgeous ombre effect card Nikki. The stencilling looks beautiful and love those pretty butterflies.
    Happy Birthday again from me too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you , nice card
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real effective mix of colours, the Butterflies are a great addition. Hope you had a fabulous day Nikki.. *Happy Birthday* Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Nikki and of course a very Happy 21st Birthday to you too ;)
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous card! Fabulous colours with cool stencilling and those wonderful butterflies - the stars look fab too! Happy birthday for yesterday - I hope your day was awesome! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous step outside your usual colours - I think they work beautifully together and the card is delightful. Belated birthday greetings are on their way to you...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty, delicate project.
    Belated Birthday Wishes Nikki!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook