Art Journal Page by Melina Dahl

10:59


Hello!

It´s Melina here today with an art journal page.

I had so many scrap pieces of monoprinted paper that I could not throw away, so I decided to use them for a ”scrap page”.








I started by glueing down bits and pieces of scrap paper on my page using That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue. I then used my spatula to add That's Crafty! White Gesso here and there on the page.

I then used grey and black watercolour to outline some of the lines and squares for some contrast.







I stamped the crackles with one of the stamps from That's Crafty! Textures Stamp Set 2.
I painted one of the That's Crafty! greyboard Large Funky Flowers with That's Crafty! Black Gesso.

Once dry I doodled the patterns using a white Posca pen.








I stamped the quote from That's Crafty! Inspirational Quotes Stamp Set 2, cut them out and glued down on my page. Finally I outlined the quote with black watercolour, glued down the funky flower and my page was finished.


I used:




Hope you got inspired to use your scraps :)


Thank you for stopping by today!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Stunning page Melina, love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of those off cuts and left overs Melina, I can image this to be a very tactile piece. Fabulous recycled work.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous use of scraps Melina and love how you pulled everything together on your beautiful page. The doodled on flower looks amazing too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant creation Melina, really effective use of the scraps
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melina, I like the composition of this card, very effective.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook