Take a Breath by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone


Today I have a card for you using some Lost Coast Design stamps, That’s Crafty! have recently increased their range of Lost Coast stamps and to my knowledge are the best place in the UK for the amount of different designs that they carry, this also includes Carmen's Veranda stamps which is part of Lost Coast Design.  I love them because they are all just a bit different…








Here’s What I Did:


I started with a gelli printed background. The background was printed in 2 stages, first stage was to pick up some blended colours from the Gelli Plate, the second layer was a ghost print (send pull) of the PaperArtsy stencil that was laid over black paint. You remove all the black from the Gel Plate with a piece of copier paper and the remove the stencil, what is left is the ghost print and that you pick up on your previously coloured print.

Next I grabbed my Tim Holtz Stamping Platform and played with my current favourite technique, stamping the image, painting it, and then stamping the detail back in. I currently love this technique as previously without a Platform this was nigh impossible, things had to be stamped over the colour and cut out and stuck into place. Now you can stamp directly onto your project, paint out the image and stamp the detail back in just remember to keep your stamp and background in the same place. Using this technique I added the monkey and each of the fish, you do have to do each one at a time though and then added the white detail with a Posca pen. 






I then added the sentiment using Tim Holtz foam stamps and black paint and again the Stamping Platform ensures that you get the letters straight and allows perfect spacing especially if you have to use the same letter more than once in a sentence.  Also if the paint doesn’t totally stamp first time you can add more paint and stamp again. I then highlighted the letters with a white Posca pen. Mounted onto black card and added to a card blank.


Here’s What I Used:


Card Blank

See you next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. An amazing creation Amanda, so wonderfully colourful and love the whole design which looks fab with the peeping monkey.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha absolutely fantastic card, everything just looks amazing on it :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Amanda, reminds me of an Art Gallery Print. Your colours are always so fresh and vivid and I must invest in some lost coast stamps!!
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. A little bit spooky with that monkey peeping out there. Love that fish which I almost got to use this week. Love all the colours used too. Fab make. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heheheh - you made me laugh out loud Amanda!!! Soooo neat - still smiling. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever design, wonderful techniques and fun to view. Another stunner xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing how that white dot brings the eyes so startlingly to life - yet to try your brilliant stamp/paint/stamp technique, but soon... soon!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook