Autumn Wood Shadow Box by Tracey Fairgrieve

10:59


Hello everyone, hope you are all keeping well?

Now Autumn is upon us I would like to share a small Shadow Box that I created 
as a sample for Hochanda using the latest new products from That's Crafty!


Here are those *How to do's* in words and pictures.






Using one of the small shadow box's I pushed modelling paste through the Bare Tree
stencil onto the shadow box base and then painted a scene using a mixture of 
That's Crafty! Shimmer and Multi Surface paints.






With the side panels painted in Metallic Copper and the outer edge of the stencilled
tree framed using Black Gesso the panels are all glued together to create the shadow box.

I will leave it to your imagination on how you see the background tree but I did
base it on trees along a path way but others may see it as a fallen tree.






A selection of That's Crafty! Greyboard surfaces including Trees, Small Leaves, 
Toadstools and a Reindeer have been painted and coloured.






Using modelling paste and a hot glue gun, I layered up the painted surfaces.






The outer edge of the box was made to resemble wood grain by applying modelling paste,
scoring with a fork, painting with Black Gesso when dry and highlighting in Bronze paint.






My Autumn Wood Shadow is complete.







In hindsight I really wish I had created a carpet of fallen leaves and could have separated each leaf to create double the amount as the quality is outstanding.. maybe next time. 

Thank you for your shared time,
I look forward to sharing more That's Crafty! Creativity
with you all *next week*

Stay safe everyone

Creative Hugs

Tracey
  

Crafty Supplies:


That's Crafty! Bare Tree Stencil
That's Crafty! Surface MDF Shadow Boxes
That's Crafty! Surfaces Bits & Pieces Greyboard Sheet: Trees (and small leaves)
That's Crafty! Surfaces Bits & Pieces Greyboard Sheet: Reindeer
That's Crafty! Surfaces Bits & Pieces Greyboard Sheet: Toadstools
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints METALLICS
That's Crafty! Shimmer Paints
That's Crafty! Black Gesso

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. Tracey, I like that it can be a fallen tree or trees along a path, either way it creates wonderful depth to the scene you created with great skill. Beautiful!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynne, it can at times be difficult to get the message across within art of what we hoped to achieve but I was quite pleased with how the background turned out and it seemed right to build around it xx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely stunning creation Tracey, it really makes me want to walk right in there and curl up amongst the leaves for a little sleep :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you Donna, I feel it too kicking the leaves along the way xx

      Delete
  3. It is amazing Tracey, a wonderful scene, with the sweet deer, and your wonderful trees along the way- I love you turned it upside down, and the clever use of more trees, from the sheet , looks gorgeous. Also the feeling of being in the wood, when seeing into the box, is fantastic and your sweet toadstools so wonderfully painted, too . I love it !! Hugs, Dorthe , xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you like it Dorthe, I do think it is the handy work of the black frame that tricks the eye and pulls you closer inside. I'm glad I can still remember some tricks that I was taught in Art College haa haa!! xx

      Delete
  4. Tracey I loved this piece from the very first time I saw it. The rich colours and the Autumn feel is just gorgeous. I love it.
    Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bev, the Metallic's are so warm in colour, perfect for Autumn xx

      Delete
  5. Stunning scene and fabulous art work to transform bits of grey board. Finished piece is outstanding
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda, the shape of the greyboard surfaces are the perfect outline for adding a little more detail xx

      Delete
  6. This is totally amazing Tracey! Your painting of all the elements is stunning and the amount of detail you've added to the shadow box is just fabulous. Loved this when I saw it on TV too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Fliss that's so lovely, Thank you so much. I think it's the longest time I have ever spent on a project and I still think it's unfinished haa haa! xx

      Delete
  7. This is absolutely stunning! I want to visit this beautiful place! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all wish for a space like this to escape to once in a while. Thank you Chris xx

      Delete
  8. My goodness Tracey!!!!... this is a masterpiece, I bet it in pride of place in your house. I absolutely adore your scene and especially the lifelike way you have painted the fungi and the cute little deer, oh and your bark effect is ingenious with that fork. Stunning!!. Bet you were proud as punch seeing it on tv. I missed that show... which is a miracle cos it is the channel which is on constantly at my house...much to my partners dismay... unless alex is on cos he fancies her... lol. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jane Thank you so so much, happy you like it :) The Shadow Box is now in the That's Crafty Shop so everyone can take a closer look at it just like many of my Team Mates creative works. There is nothing like seeing creations in real life to guide ones inspiration. Funny about your partner & Alex, that's not the first time I have heard someone say that haa haa xx

      Delete
    2. How I would love to come to the that's crafty shop to see your work.... alas I live 177 miles away in South Yorkshire!!!!...😐.... someone has to!!!!!🤣🤣🤣xxx

      Delete
    3. How I would love to come to the that's crafty shop to see your work.... alas I live 177 miles away in South Yorkshire!!!!...😐.... someone has to!!!!!🤣🤣🤣xxx

      Delete
  9. Fabulous painted scenery in the background and beautiful altering of all the chipboard shapes. I love how you've positioned everything to give that brilliant depth to the scene - fantastic work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison, I really did enjoy working on this piece and did lose myself for hours adding the finer detail, glad you could see what I was aiming for with the depth as I do question myself at times xx

      Delete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous Tracey, and what a fab way to create the wood texture, so clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Sue.. anything that doesn't dry within seconds runs a risk of me poking and prodding it with something if it is within sight or reach hee hee!! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook