Boo by Bev Hilton

11:00


It's Bev's last post for us today and we would just like to thank her very much for all the fantastic projects that she has done for us over the last few months and we wish you all the best in your new job Bev. :-)



Hello everyone. Sadly this is my last post on the blog. It is with much regret that due to work and family commitments I don't have the time needed to carry on any longer. I will still be crafting of course, but without deadlines. I thought I would leave with a fun quick and easy Halloween make using the fab MDF Upright, Greyboard Tree and Dinky Stencils. 









Here's what I used...


That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Scaredy cat and Spiders Web
Creepy Crawly Stamp Set - Make unknown
Shrink Plastic...White
Stazon Ink Pad - Stone Grey
Alphabet Die - make unknown but any would do
Googly eyes from stash
Plastic spiders from stash


Here's what I did...


I began by applying the Distress Oxides over the Upright and base. I didn't bother giving a coat of gesso as these inks cover so well. Once happy give it a blast with a heat gun and set aside. Take the Greyboard Tree and give a good coat of the Peeled Paint and Black Soot until happy. Take the Dinky stencil and Black Soot and blend through to create the cobweb and also the bats. Take the Starlights paint and dab through the Dinky cat stencil. Blast with a heat gun and then replace the stencil and go over with the Fresco Little Black Dress to tone down the sparkle. I neither wanted sparkle or flat black so this gives a good in between. I took the creepy crawly stamps to create the spiders, caterpillars and snail using Versafine ink. Take the Posca pen and draw in the lines to hang the spiders and also to add to the stenciled spiders Web. 

Take the shrink plastic sheet and stamp the small skull four times and the large skull once using the Stone Grey StazOn. Heat these carefully until they have shrunk and glue them to the tree. Take the large skull and glue to the base of the tree. Glue the eyes onto the cat and the plastic spiders to the base. Die cut the letters to create boo out of orange and black card and glue theses into place. A nice easy Halloween upright. 

I do hope you like it. I can't say hope to see you next week but I'm sure you will all still be here to see all the amazing creations by the rest of the team. Happy crafting all.

Much love, 
Bev. xxx

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. This is super.. I love that central orange glow and how it makes the silhouette of the tree and cat stand out. Your shrunken heads are fab Bev. We will miss you and I do hope you come and visit us here.. Best wishes in your New Job Role but don't work too hard. BIG Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Halloween creation dear Bev. Best of luck with your new job. I'll miss you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely beautiful Halloween spooky creation Bev and love all the details you've added.
    I'm so sorry to see you go and will miss your beautiful creations but want to wish you the best of luck with your job.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say I’m really going to miss seeing your wonderful creations every Wednesday Bev, what a stunner to go out on though :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Halloween make to go out on. Good luck with everything
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Bev, this makes me smile, I love your Creepy Crawly creep all over, the tree, such a wonderful detail, - and all the skulls, too, no wonder the cat gets his life scare . Gorgeous colors too , love it !!
    Take care and have fun, out in your new job, I hope to see you on your blog, sometimes. Thank you for your kindness here , Bev.
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Bev... Fabulous blended oxides background... And love scaredy cat! Wishing you all the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much everyone. I have loved being part of this amazing team and will really miss being here. Will still be checking in though to see all your wonderful makes.
    Bug hugs, Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook