Oxides and Wildflower Card by Nikki Acton

11:00








I recently spent some time crafting with a few friends and decided to play with my Distress Oxides which I still haven’t had chance to experiment with nearly enough. After several – in the bin backgrounds – I mopped up some ink left on my craft mat and decided I liked them! I was using blue/green tones of Oxides – onto the craft mat and spritzing with water. I took the latticework stencil and added further colour.

I added a little script stamping to add to the background (Lin Brown ELB 30) before stamping one of the wildflowers. I then die cut  several wildflowers onto coloured card before mounting onto the same colour.


A birthday sentiment to finish!






 See you next week!

Nikki

Supplies


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Beautiful results Nikki, Blues together always remind me of Fine Delph Pottery Prints. I must admit I have not experimented with the Oxides as much as I thought I would but it's great when you achieve a result you are happy with. Wonderful cards for those special days.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Nikki! Awesome layers and love that shadow stamping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Nikki - I love the gorgeous blue tones x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the moody blues on these Nikki. Stunning simplicity and love them!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful results with the Oxides, 2 lovely cards
    Love
    Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh these are stunning, I just love the muted and subtle backgrounds
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so very beautiful, I love your backgrounds, Nikki, and your choices of colors , amazing !!!

    Hugs,xx
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I'm late but got here eventually. Loving this. The Colour is lush and that stenciled background is super. Great card.
    Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh pretty! Lovely layering of the flowers.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful combination of stencils, stamping and die cuts with beautiful colours! Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook