See Reality by Bev Hilton

10:59


Hello again. I hope you are all well. I am sharing a make today using the fabulous Acrylic Upright Light Bulb, which I have to say is not the best thing in the world when it comes to photographing because not only is it a problem with reflection but I have also used Mirror Mist. This really does look much better in real life. Looking at it from different angles shows shadows reflected by the mirror effect at the back of the acrylic.








Here's what I used...


Souffle Pens - Yellow and Pink
Gems from stash


Here's what I did...


I began by carefully dropping small amounts of the Indigo, Sail Boat Blue and Meadow alcohol inks around the edge of the acrylic which is to be the back of the finished piece. I also dropped the Sunshine Yellow in the center. Once happy I gave it a quick blast with a heat tool to speed up drying. I took the Mirror Mist and sprayed over the top of the alcohol inks, making sure I covered the whole area and blasted with a heat tool until dry. Then using the black Starlights, I sponged over the top of the Mirror Mist. Once dry, sprayed over with the Varnish Mist to seal. This takes a while to thoroughly dry so I left it over night to do this.

Using the Stamping Platform, stamp the eyes on the front of the acrylic. Do the same with the light bulbs and the wording. As I wanted to split the wording I placed a mask over the wording I didn't want before inking. Colour the eyes with the Posca pens and also very carefully write over the wording with a white Posca pen. This gives a really good effect as not only does it make the wording pop, it also gives a great reflection as it's the black underneath that you see reflected in the mirror at the back when looking at the acrylic from and angle. Sadly I couldn't get all this in the photo. Colour in the light bulbs using the yellow Souffle pen.Take the Dinky stencil and Sparkle Medium and create a few flowers around the edge of the acrylic and set aside to dry. 

I felt I wanted the base to be different as it may have looked too much if it had been the same as the light bulb, so I used the black and silver Starlights and sponged them on what is to be the bottom of the acrylic base. As this is the base and will need protecting, I glued a piece of black card over the paint and trimmed with a craft knife. Using the Stamping Platform, stamp the wording on the front of the base and again, carefully go over the wording with the white Posca pen.

Finally take a few gems and glue then to the middle of the flowers.

I hope you like it. Enjoy the rest of your week and hope to see you again next week.

Bev. x

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Oh WOW Bev doesn't she look stunning. It can be so frustrating when you just cannot capture the glimmer of a project, I bet she looks even more stunning in real life. I love it.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and fun use of the light bulb Bev, she has the most amazing pair of blue eyes , and the flower stencil looks gorgeous . Such a fantastic creation, I`m in love with her eyes . Xxx
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely wonderful creation Bev. So much amazing colour and detail and the design is so creative too. Love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is stunning Bev, really striking and I actually think you've photographed it beautifully
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Echoing Donna - the photos look great but I can imagine it shimmers even more in real life! A fabulous design Bev xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bev, The photograph is wonderful, I'm sure IRL it captures more depth but it is really stunning, love the use of the eyes on this project.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook