Renewal by Lynne Moncrieff

11:00

 Hello


This beautiful stamp is one I have had for some time and I am ashamed to say I had never inked it up. 

I wanted to create a light feel to this collage, she could be strolling through a meadow with butterflies fluttering around her or she could be viewed as a Mother Nature figure.

Supplies


Instructions

I stumbled across a sheet of cotton rag paper previously prepared with white gesso onto which I applied walnut ink and then spraying Flat Matte Sprays before applying more white gesso to try to bring a dreamy quality to the paper. I simply had to adhere this to a MDF panel.

It was time to ink up this stamp, stamping onto some found paper (re-cycled white packing paper).  To describe this paper I would say slightly more weight than tissue paper with an almost waxy feel but not quite deli paper. It resulted in a stamped impression which is not 100% crisp. I point this out as it does not relate to the quality of the PaperArtsy stamp, it is because of the stamping surface but I liked the effect achieved.

Before adhering to the panel, dried botanicals were adhered and then with the stamped image, only applying adhesive along upper edge. Scraps were added including a piece of muslin marked with Pearl Inks. A butterfly from the Extras Sheet of Butterflies also adorns this area of the collage.


More butterflies appear, this time from the Rice Paper sheet which is filled with gorgeous butterflies.  A circle, using the fabulous That's Crafty! A4 Circles Stencil, stencilled and cut from scrap paper.

Finally, stamping the word renewal, with Jet Black ink, onto a piece torn from the white re-cycled paper. 


Thank you for taking the time to visit this post.

wishes

Lynne

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook