'Wings of Love'! by Amanda Pink

11:06

 Hi Everyone, 

I don't know about you but  I'm loving so many of the new released products that have been hitting our art/craft shops the world over recently. So much so that I succumb to bagging myself a few, some of which are the new AALL and Create washi tapes designed by Bipasha BK.  
These, along with a beautiful PaperArtsy stamp designed by Sara Naumann are what I've used to create my 4x4 Art panel/art card I am sharing with you today. 


That's Crafty! substrates are perfect for this kind of project as they are nice and sturdy. 
 The 4x4 panel is itself two of That's Crafty's white greyboard squares adhered together. One panel would be fine to use but I wanted my art panel to have just that extra bit of thickness. 
I covered the entire panel with strips of one of AALL and Creates new washi tape :#13 'Fasteners' designed by Bipasha BK and sealed with a light coat of DecoArt matte medium 
With the washi tape looking so good as it was with all its gorgeous colours and detail it didn't seem necessary  to add anything more so I just caught the sides of the panel with some black acrylic paint and set it aside while I worked on the central feature. 


For this I wanted to create a layered stack of squares, each slightly smaller than the next. So I used a  piece of greyboard cut to size for the largest square, a That's Crafty! MDF twinchie for the medium  square and a That's Crafty! MDF Inchie for the smallest.
The twinchie was covered with another new AALL and Create washi tape designed by Bipasha BK: #15, 'Twine'. The greyboard square and inchie were painted with black acrylic paint and textured with squares using DecoArt black modelling paste and AALL and Create's stencil , #113 Lotza Squares. 


To enhance the textured squares I caught them with some gold and copper metallic wax when dry. 


The three squares were then stacked on top of each other (from large to small) to create a layered mount to rest my focal image - a beautiful butterfly wearing his heart on his wings! 

The stamp is from one of PaperArtsy's fabulous stampsets - Eclectica ESN32 designed by Sara Naumann. 
It was stamped on white card with versafine ink, embossed with detailed clear embossing powder, water coloured with Tim Holtz 'Rusty Hinge' Distress ink reinker, fussy cut and adhered in place. 
To finish I embellished the butterflies heart with a painted That's Crafty! greyboard clock hand fixed in place with a copper brad.  
 

Manipulating the butterfly wings gives a lovely sense of movement to the butterfly and together with the stacked mount on which he rests adds some wonderful dimension to the finished piece. 

I'll leave you with an 'arty shot' of my 'Wings of Love' washi tape art panel.

Products I used: 

I hope you have enjoyed your time with me today and that maybe I have offered some washi tape inspiration. 
Thanks for stopping by.   
Hope you all a fun creative week 
Take Care 
Amanda 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook