All About Colour by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


 Hello!

I hope you've been watching the shows on Hochanda today as our Jo has been demoing at 7am and 11am with the amazing new MDF substrate which I was lucky enough to get to create with and I enjoyed it so much I need one or more of these sets for myself!

Step by Step:

The MDF storage is very easy to assemble and I did this first with my trusty That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive as it's perfect for sticking MDF together.

I then painted all of the assembled pieces, inside and outside with black gesso and set them aside to dry.

I had already decided to cover the storage pots with paper and chose some of the brightly coloured background papers by Amanda Southern as they can be stamped or stencilled on to make your own.

I cut the pieces to fit making them slightly smaller to leave a black border for contrast. I drew round the pointed end pieces so I could size them properly.

I then began decorating the paper sections with stamping using various images from the texture stamp collections with black and coloured inks.




The first one above uses an image from the Arty Wings stamp set which I stamped in black on the paper and heat embossed with clear powder then stamped just the light bulbs section on an inky scrap and heat embossed. I coloured some parts of the images with an orange Zig marker and then cut out just the bulbs.

The second one has a butterfly from the same set stamped on a scrap the background paper with black ink and cut out. The text is one of Lynne's Affirmations which I think fits perfectly and was stamped on an inky scrap.

The little one simply has the dream text stamped with black ink on a scrap of background paper.





As you can see from the photos above the largest and smallest feature butterflies stamped on background papers and the middle one I left as is because I thought the ink splodge on the paper looked rather like a tulip.
 
My base section was painted black then covered with paper which I stamped on with the sequin waste image using black ink.
  
Supplies:
 
Scraps of inky papers

If you missed the shows there's always rewind and we have a great Facebook Group called That's Crafty! Creatives where you can find tons of inspiration on That's Crafty! products.

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook