We are all Little Cogs in Time by Gill Humphrey

11:00

Trying to type one handed (my other hand is in a cast) is to say the least frustrating but I had already made this piece for the blog and am determined to do as much as I can.

For this piece I have used one of the tags in the That's Crafty! Set of 2 MDF Cog Tags as the base to build my design on. I primed the MDF base with That's Crafty! White Gesso before adding clock elements torn from one of the Paper Designs Italy Rusty Time rice papers  using  Calambour decoupage glue and varnish however, you can use the Stamperia Rice Paper Glue which is in stock instead.


I then filled the gap in between with That's Crafty! Texture Paste and left it to dry naturally before sanding off the excess rice paper and adding colour with Redwood and Ochre Flat Matte Sprays.



When the sprays had dried I then added random areas of the Daily Art Transparent Crackle Paint   letting it dry before highlighting the cracks with Liquid Bitumen.


For my focal point I chose cogs and paints from the Daily Art Rust and Patina Kit. The cogs have a textured side and a flat side and I deliberately chose to use a mixture of both surfaces in my project.


Once the paint had dried I added a little metallic pigment powder before gluing them in place with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue.


Finally I cut out letters from the Grunge rice paper set and adhered them in place before handwriting the rest of the title.

I hope you like my project this week and wish whoever takes over my regular blog spot until I can return to crafting a lot of fun.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook