Seeking Beauty - A Rice Paper Tag by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 


Hello!

This week, I have another of my Hochanda samples to share, this one featuring the gorgeous rice papers from Paper Designs Arts and this is actually the first time I've ever created anything with printed rice papers. It certainly won't be the last though as I really love the effect of them, especially layered up as I've done here.

Step by Step:

This tag is so easy to make you'll hardly believe it! The first step is to adhere the background layer and I chose one of the Grunge Collection papers for this, a lovely one in shades of blue and white with brown and a subtle script pattern in places. 

I added glue directly to my MDF tag and then pressed the paper sheet on top, smoothing it out with a brayer. Once it was dry, I turned the tag patterned side down and trimmed the paper round the edges with my craft knife. I then lightly sanded the rice paper edges with an emery board.

I decided on the lovely lady with pearls to compliment the background and ran a wet paintbrush round the image, keeping quite close to the actual figure and then pulled her gently from the sheet. This gives lovely feathered edges which blend well.

I painted the back of the image with matte medium and then stuck her in place, again smoothing with a brayer. As you can see, she fits nicely on the left hand side of the tag.

I felt the tag needed a little more embellishing so I painted some greyboard feathers with satin inks in shades of blue and purple to blend in with the other elements on the tag. I finished off with one of Lynne's Affirmations stamped on an inky scrap and added a tie at the top made of recycled sari silk ribbon.

Supplies:

Ribbon
Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook