Brush and Pen Storage by Gill Humphrey

11:00


You really can not have enough storage but store bought is often very uninspiring so what can be better than making your own and custom decorating it for your own craft/bed or bathroom? The new house shaped MDF Tidy Pots by That's Crafty! are so versatile as the base is separate and the pots individual meaning that you can arrange them in many different ways.

I assembled my pots individually using That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue before giving them a coat of That's Crafty! White Gesso. I then covered the outside surfaces of the pots with Bright Blue Multi Surface Paint and allowed it to dry before applying Crackle Glaze. When the crackle glaze had dried I then painted all surfaces of the pots and the base with Light Blue paint. Added interest to enhance the shabby effect was then applied using Archival Cornflower Ink and the alphabet stamp from Textures 2 Stamp Set. In addition I swiped the Cornflower ink pad around all of the edges.


I then labelled the tidy pots and added random letters around the base using one of the Paper Designs Grunge Collection gluing them in place with Rice Paper Glue by Stamperia. Finally for added protection I covered everything with Liquid Acrylic Wax.

This will be my last post for a few weeks whilst my fractured wrist heals but I do hope to be back crafting and hopefully inspiring you as soon as possible.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook