Not Just a Painting by Rachel Harries

11:00

 

Here's my post for this week and I have to say I am a little bit in love with it. I've started by repurposing a previous project, I'm using an That’s Crafty! ATC Shrine I have to say I really do love all the shrines That's Crafty! make they are just such a great start to a project and so well made I can repurpose them as much as I like.


I cast a few moulds as I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to put where initially, so I wanted to give myself the opportunity to try a few different combinations.



I used the Stamperia Underwood MouldArtelier des Arts - Frames Mould and Artelier des Arts - Tags. I had a play around with the elements and decided which ones I wanted to use I then gave them a coat of Black Gesso.
I then used some of the beautiful paper from Stamperia Atelier des Arts paper to line the shrine and cover the outer Frame.
I then used a combination of That’s Crafty! Multi Surface Paints to paint the elements I wanted to use and added them to the shrine.


I highlighted some of the areas with some Wax and adhered them in place. I really wanted to make a hat for the bird on my piece so I cut the acorn I had cast and used part of it as a little hat which I highlighted with a little wax.


I used a phrase and some faux ephemera that is in the Atelier des Arts paper pad and that was about it.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook