A Bit of Upcycling by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I hope you caught the show That's Crafty! had on The Craft Store yesterday and if you did, you might have spotted this sample I created on the counter. It has a background I made with something you might not expect and it's on there because I really hate waste!

Step by Step:

I assembled my chosen shadow first using That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Glue. It's really easy to put together as you'll see if you buy some.

I painted the background and the outer sides of the shadow tag, choosing to leave the inner sides plain for contrast. I stippled on a mix of Green, Lime and Yellow to give a slightly mottled effect.

I prepared the background for the shadow box area next and decided to use one of my mop up paper towels which are used to mop up any leftover ink spray after I've pressed on a piece of paper to pick up excess - well I did say I hate waste! I use the paper towels over and over in colour themes until they're almost fully coloured.


I chose a green and yellow themed towel for my background and used the gorgeous new Funky Arches mask with Light Texture Paste to add a pattern vertically down the inky towel. As the paste dried, some of the ink from the towel seeped into it and gave it a touch of colour in places - serendipity rules ok!


Once the paste was dry, I discovered that the reverse side was even more textured so I decided to use it that way round and cut it to size then glued it in the shadow area.


I then created my embellishment, choosing to use an ATC in the centre. I covered the surface with a piece of green ink spray paper, sponging a deeper green Distress ink around the edges.

I stamped my chosen floral spray on smooth cartridge paper with black ink and coloured the image with Zig Clean Color pens and cut it out. I shaped it with a large embossing ball tool and glued it to the atc with dimensional adhesive.


I raised the ATC in the background by adding several pieces of MDF waste underneath and my artwork is done.

Supplies:


The show is available to watch on catch up for some great inspiration from Jo Channon.

See you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook