Key to the Garden by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


 Hello!

I have one of those amazing giant keys to share this week with a lovely grunged up surface that I really loved creating as I wanted the rusty, crusty look of a very old key which might lead to a secret garden. Happily this is actually simpler to make than you might think too.

Step by Step:

The first step was to apply some Sand Texture Paste to the surface of the key with my fingers - as I wanted a really grungy, rusty look using your fingers gives the best effect.

Once the paste was dry, I began to rust it up with Multi Surface Paints, starting with Teal and dabbing the paint on. I followed up with Orange, Chestnut Brown and finally Copper.

I then made my embellishments, choosing the gorgeous sweet peas and butterflies from the stamp set. I stamped them with black ink and heat embossed them with clear powder. I coloured them with Zig markers and cut them out.

I glued them onto the key and finished off with text from the same stamp set, stamped on a scrap of overflow paper with black ink.



Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook