Flip Flap Hotel by Rachel Harries

11:00

 

This week I've used the fabulous Stamperia Grand Hotel Papers with the highly addictive and brilliantly easy to use "Flip Flap Album" from the very talented Liz Wheelers Journal It Templates Set 3. I just love Liz's templates they give me so much freedom to just focus on the decorative elements as she has made it so simple to construct beautiful books and albums.

I start off by drawing around and cutting out the elements needed for this particular album on my base cardstock, I've chosen craft board, with the exception of the final square as I will cut that from my patterned paper.



I then make sure to score on all the score lines before I start my assembly.








I cut the final square from the paper pad and use some Multi Surface Paint with the Sleeping Beauty Textures Stencil.



I then took some Air Dry Clay, rolled it out thinly and then pressed the Flowered Texture Soft Mould into the thinly rolled clay to create and impression which I then adhered to my first square and brushed some paint over it to highlight the lovely texture, I do this very gently as the clay hasn't  dried at this point and I don't want to loose any of that lovely texture.



I then used the Roses and Leaves Mould and added these elements with a couple of other elements and a tag I cut from the paper pad. I also added some stamping with Katzelkraft Numbers Stamp and a little Sisal.



I then continue cutting myself papers to add to the flips and flaps decorating as I go on the next flaps I used the stencils Lady Vagabond Dream Stencil and Alice Check Mate Stencil along with some ripped old book page and I used the number stamp.





For the next flaps I cut my paper and the got my Gel Press out added some paint and then pressed the flower texture mould into the surface before pulling the prints on the paper for the panels I also added some floral elements using a flower stencil by Lynne Moncrieff and the numbers stamp again.







I continue adding the papers and create some of the beautiful embellishments in the Journal It Templates.



I've also cut out some of the elements from the paper pad to add in places.


I finished off by creating a belly band for my album just to embellish  the front, I will add photos in the spaces and that's my album finished.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook