Autumn Shrooms by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 


Hello!

I have another shroom themed creation to share this week. Now that we're in the grip of Autumn with the hint of a chill in the air, warm autumnal shades are just the thing.

Step by Step:

My substrate for this piece of artwork is one of the large shaped MDF tags which are a great surface for mixed media projects.

I chose to cover my tag with a piece of ink spray overflow paper from my stash as I have quite a lot of pieces and need to use some of them up! This one has a large amount of Black Purple Flat Matte Spray at the top and a little Grass Green at the bottom so was perfect for a nature themed project. You can just see a hint of the leafy pattern left from a stencil.

I glued the paper on the tag with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive, smoothing it down with a brayer. Once it was dry, I cut carefully round the edges with a craft knife, neatening them with an emery board.
 
I stamped Lynne's gorgeous tree silhouettes on either side of the covered tag with VersaFine Fallen Leaves ink which I love as it's a beautiful rich dark brown. I then stamped some of Melina's fabulous grungy shrooms on thick cartridge paper together with some leaf sprigs and a grungy butterfly. I coloured them all with a mix of Zig markers and flat matte sprays and cut them out.

I assembled my tag as you see, layering up the elements to create a little Autumnal scene. I scrap of ribbon recycled from clothing (those bits that keep them on hangers that I always cut off!) was tied through the top to finish.

Supplies:

  
Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 
Fliss x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook