Brusho Delights by Helen Chilton

11:00


I'd forgotten just how lovely the Brusho colours are, and how intense the pigment is. I placed my stencil over the card and sprinkled on a tiny amount of Alizarin and Gamboge Brusho powders.


Spritz and watch the colour appear.


I blotted it to stop the spread...


...and then spritzed a little more.


The beauty of these powders is, of course, that you can paint with them as well. I just sprinkled some onto an acrylic block and added a tiny amount of water before painting in the flowers.


I didn't want to waste them when I'd finished, so spritzed again...


...and mopped it up with card to use later.


I've cut the images about a bit to fit my card and also stamped the tiny raindrops onto the background with Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink pad.


I then added some blue dots for contrast and white highlights.


The text just finishes it off.


These stamps and stencil were both in the Craft Store shows this week, for which I made another couple of cards with simple Brusho backgrounds.



The hardest part for me is to be sparing with the Brushos! However a little really does go a long way.

Hope you've enjoyed these projects.

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook