Sail Away by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I have another sample to share from the last shows on The Craft Store this week and this one features the amazing sailboat image which I really love.

Step by Step:

I created the setting for the image with one of the MDF shrines, the ever useful rectangular one and again decided to cover it with paper as I had some in my stash that I made by smooshing diluted Multi Surface Paints in Bright Blue, Light Blue and a little Lavender on some watercolour paper. The end result looked a bit like water so was perfect for the scene.


I glued the frame to the paper and trimmed around the outside before carefully cutting out the centre to use at the back of the shrine. I assembled the back section using That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive and painted the top and sides Light Blue. 

I smeared the bottom of the back section with Texture Sand Paste then painted it with Mustard and Grey Multi Surface Paints to create a sandy colour (it looks a bit green in the photo but it isn't - honest!). Once it was dry I glued the back paper section in place.

I stamped the image on smooth white paper with black ink and heat embossed it with clear powder. I coloured the image with Zig brush pens, creating a rainbow at the top above the clouds. Once coloured I cut around the image and and glued it to a slightly smaller piece of greyboard. I then glued it into the back of the shrine raised up on several bits of scrap MDF to make it stand up towards the front.

Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook