No.1013 - Poison by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone 

With Halloween only a few days away I've created a 'Halloween' card to share with you today. 
It's a quick and easy card to make - so ideal for any last minute cards you may yet have/want to make. 
The design can easily be reproduced so in just a short time I reckon you could rustle up quite a few cards to give/send just in time for the 31st. 


I cut a sheet of Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink YUPO® white card stock to size and coloured it with a selection of Tim Holtz Alcohol inks: Valencia, Purple Twilight, Limeade, Pitch Black, Dandelion
I applied the colours one at a time by simply holding the bottle of alcohol ink over the the YUPO® card and letting the ink drop into it. When I'd created several 'pools' of one colour ink, I then did exactly the same with another colour and then another colour and so on. 
As well as dropping the ink onto 'open space' on the card I also dropped some into the 'pools'  of ink I'd  already made. As the two merge and react with each other they create 'pools' within 'pools'  if that makes sense?  Not too easy to explain so would encourage you to give it a go and see for yourself - fun to watch and so easy to do. 


Alcohol inks on YUPO® take no time at all to dry so no waiting around which is ideal when creative time is limited or you are up against the clock to make the date. 

The next step was stamping and embossing the focal image and additional elements which are all from  Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Stamp set 'Rest In Peace'.  
This has to be my favourite stamp set of the Halloween stamps Tim released this year!

 Using Seth Apters 'White Cloud' Baked Velvet emboss powder I stamped and embossed the skull in the centre of the alcohol inked YUPO® 


Love how the white embossing looks on the alcohol ink. 


To the left and right of the skull's jawline I stamped and embossed a poison symbol.


 In the upper left corner just above the top of the skull I stamped and embossed 'No.1013' which is part of the 'identification' stamp


After matt n layering and adhering the embossed alcohol inked YUPO®  to a handmade card I inserted one of Tim Holtz creepy eyes into the skulls eye socket!!



Products Used: 

Cardstock: Black, Ivory 

Hope you've enjoyed your time with me today and that maybe I have offered some inspiration for any super quick and easy Halloween cards you may still need to make. 
Thanks for taking the time to pop by
Wishing you a spookily fun Halloween weekend 
Take Care 
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook