On Butterfly Wings by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 


Hello!

I have a mixed media collage to share this week which uses up a lot of the bits and pieces of MDF that are left when you press out the pieces that come with a kit. I have quite a lot of these as they come in handy for all sorts of things.

Step by Step:

My chosen substrate is the leftover centre piece from the rectangular faux reverse canvas that I worked on for the very successful One Day Special with Kelly O'Gorman's first stamp designs for That's Crafty! 

I painted the surface with Chestnut Brown Multi Surface Paint and once it was dry, took some of the MDF bits and pieces and decided how to arrange them on the background. I also added some lace from my stash and a few washers that I acquired from my hubby's tool box - sshh! don't tell him!


I glued all the elements to the background with my trusty That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive and when it had dried, painted over everything with the chestnut brown paint.


I then smeared on some Aladine Izink Beads Texture Paste.


I again over painted the surface with chestnut brown and once it was dry added a coat of Crackle Glaze.


Once the Crackle Glaze was tacky I painted on 4 shades of Multi Surface Paint, starting with Apricot, then Light Blue, Teal and Bright Blue.

To finish off my mixed media collage, I stamped some butterflies with brown ink, coloured them with pencils and cut them out, choosing 5 for balance. I added touches of wax in bronze and copper to the background to emphasise the elements and brushed the wing edges of the butterflies with copper. I glued the butterflies in place and once dry, brushed them with acrylic wax for a gentle sheen. The final touch was my chosen stamped text which was coloured to blend in.


Supplies:

Leftover Pieces of MDF 
Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook