Days In The Meadow by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I have a double journal page spread to share this week featuring the absolutely gorgeous new Dried Botanical stamps from Lynne Moncrieff which I couldn't resist as I'm sure you know how much I love wild flowers.

Step by Step:

My pages were inspired by a watercolour meadow painting that I saw and I just had to try something similar in my journal although I chose to use spray inks and stamping rather than watercolours.

The journal I used has fold out pages and is A5 size but you could use any size journal to create the meadow as the technique can easily by recreated in any size.

The first step was to colour my pages with Flat Matte Sprays. I masked off the top section for the sky with an A3 size piece of cartridge paper and put one underneath too to catch any flying spray! I began with Grass Green at the base, following up with Saffron, then Orange and finally Tomato. The red was to make a suggestion of poppies in the background.

Once the base section was dry I masked this off with the same paper and used Bluebell and Lilac on the top area.


I then took a texture stamp and stamped this on the green areas (mostly!) with Shady Lane VersaFine Clair ink without using an acrylic block.


The next step was to begin stamping my wild flowers and I chose to use set 2 of Lynne's stamps, stamping one of the leafy fronds on with blue ink. I used both first and second generation stamping.


I then took another of the stamps and added this in between, stamping with a purple ink.


The next step was to stamp on the remaining wild flowers. I used deep green and blue for one and deep green and purple for the other. For each type I added a touch of "ghost stamping" to give a watercolour effect to the stamping. I simply roughly inked the top of the images and over-stamped slightly off the main stamped image. This gives a lovely effect.


I felt the end result was a little dark for my liking so I misted on a little water and blotted it with a paper towel which blended and lightened the colours a little. I finished off by stamping my chosen text and heat embossing with white powder.


Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook