Stay Wild by Amanda Southern

11:00

 Hi Everyone

For this weeks make I am sharing an art journal page I have created and it features one of the fabulous Oddball character rubber stamps by Stamping Bella that have recently arrived at That's Crafty! If you like your images a little quirky this range is fabulous fun to play with and colour. 


Here's What I Did:

I started with a page from my Art by Marlene Journal, the pages are a sturdy 300gsm and take so many different mediums, I had previously used the page to clean paint from my brayer from previous projects which is quite often how my backgrounds start. This one was however quite dull so I added some colour by stencilling Distress inks onto it.


I used That's Crafty! Floral Mix stencil with a little of the All Circles & Background 4 again adding some Distress inks. Over that I then stamped the mandala a couple of times, this time using Distress Oxide ink for a bolder colour. I also added a little white pen doodling with a white Sakura gel pen.
Next I stencilled around a stencil that I had made myself of the peace sign which I made on an electronic cutting machine, I wanted the background darker so took the background down by blending tumbled glass distress ink over it.


I removed some of the Distress ink using Circle of Circles stencil and a damp cloth, I also added some outline to the peace sign with a coloured pencil.
I added further stamping heat embossing in white with AALL & Create scripted circles stamp and in Archival ink a little of one of the stamps from Kate Cranes A4 sheet On the Line. 
I then added some washi tape detail using a combination of AALL & Crreate and Dina Wakley washi tapes. This is where I need to be honest, I added some additional stencilling but it was one of those one step too far moments so had to cover it up as I felt it ruined the page. I love the addition of washi tape and no more that when you can use it to cover up your mistakes!!

Final stage to stamp out my image, the 'Oddball Hippie' onto That's Crafty! stamping card with Versafine Clair ink. This was my first time using the stamping card and I loved it, it took the coloured pencils well and they blended well on it. Much better to cut out the image as well at 230 GSM.


A few highlights of white gel pen finish her off. I stamped her image directly onto my page and then paper pieced her over that image which saves cutting out the fine details. She is grounded onto a piece of washi tape.

The final addition to the page was the sentiment which came from Art by Marlene black & White stick book.

Here's What I Used:
Stamping Bella Rubber Stamps (sadly Hippie is out of stock but there's loads of others and it'll be back soon)
Prismacolor Pencils
Art By Marlene Sticker Book Black & White
Peace Sign Stencil 

Have a great week and I will see you all next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook