Amazonia by Gill Humphrey

11:00


The introduction of double sided images by Stamperia in their 6 x 12 Collectables pads makes it easy to make 3D projects as the image on the front is also on the back meaning that the finished item can be viewed from all sides.

I had bought my metal birdcage in the sales post Christmas but similar cages are readily available if you wish to recreate the finished piece. Apart from a lot of fussy cutting  of  images from Amazonia Collectables and lots of gel medium this piece is relatively simple to construct.

I created a pond on the floor of the cage using a mix of  Midnight Blue and Bright Blue Multi Surface Matte Paints.

Next I used Fibre Paste coloured with Andalusite, Golden Calcite, Smokey Quartz, and Jadeite Color Glow to form a ring of rocks and grass around the edge of  the cage. I then added some real stones for another texture and colour variation.


To add a watery shimmer to the water I then added a layer of Liquid Acrylic Wax before sprinkling over Tourmaline and Blue Saphire Color Glow powders.

Once base was dry I then set about adding all of my elements using both the inside and outside of the cage. To support the sloth and two birds I adhered them to wooded sticks which were then stuck to the frame using hot glue for instant grab - the areas of adhesion were then slathered in gel medium before adding natural moss elements to disguise the join. It is important to add gel medium to these areas so that the piece has longevity.




I then added lotus blossoms and leaves to the pond area filling gaps with paper leaves and more moss.


I then added leaves and flower elements along the outside base of the metal lantern filling in the gaps with moss creating a faux ground from which the plants appear to grow from.




Finally I added butterflies and moths from the Collectables papers. I do hope you like this project and if you do recreate something inspired by this piece please post it on the That's Crafty! Creatives page.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook