Friendship Flowers by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone and Welcome,
 
For todays post I have created a mixed media card that along with colour, detail and texture features
3 'Friendship flowers' that I've created using a couple of the small image stamps included in Lynne Moncrieffs That's Crafty! stamp set: Lynnes Affirmation set 6.

I think so often the small image stamps can get overlooked or forgotten about especially if they could be considered to be the 'added extras' to a stamp set but they really can be little gems as the ones I used on the card I am sharing today proved to be.


I started with a piece that I cut from a larger background that I'd 'made earlier' ( as the saying goes). In effect it's a 'mop up' print from the bottom of a cardboard box that I use whenever I am spraying inks.


To add more colour to the background I blended in some complimentary colours using Distress inks : Mustard Seed, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean, Dried Marigold.

To add more colour to the monoprint background I blended in some complimentary colours using Distress inks: Mustard Seed, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean, Wild Honey.
Then using the small flower stamp and stem from Lynnes Affirmations Set 6 I stamped three flowers with leaved stems on to the background. The flowers and leaved stems were all stamped with Distress inks.


I over stamped the Distress inked flowers with black ink to accentuate and 'lift' them from the background. For additional background detail I added some black ink stamping using a couple of the stamps from Janet Kleins AALL & Create 'Background Noise' stamp set.


AALL & Create's 'Lotsa Dotz stencil used with Tim Holtz Distress Texture Paste added some texture to the background too.
I then deliberated whether to leave the flowers one dimensional or whether to give them some dimension. Dimension won out so I simply stamped the flowers again onto a spare piece of card, cut them out and adhered them to their corresponding flower, adding a press stud embellishment in each of their centres.


After adding some white pen highlights / black pen lowlights and a few white paint splatters I finished the card with word "friendship'.




Products Used


Hope you've enjoyed your time here with me today and that maybe I offered some 'small image stamp' inspiration for your own creativity. 
Thanks for stopping by - always appreciate. 
Have a great creative week 
Take Care 
Amanda

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook