Floral Skull by Amanda Southern

11:00

 Hi Everyone

I hope you don't mind me sharing another of the recent samples I made to support the launch of That's Crafty! stamp sets designed by the talented artist Kelly O'Gorman. These are such fabulous stamps, and there are 6 in this launch collection, that I felt I needed to share it with you.
This week see's my sample using Kelly's 'Floral Skull' stamp set and these stamps are huge A5 stamps.


As with last weeks sample the stamped images are displayed in one of the latest That's Crafty! substrates, MDF faux reverse canvas.

Here's What I Did:

I started by painting all the pieces with That's Crafty! Black Gesso, avoiding the tabs where it all glues together. I then masked off the back to just expose the back panel that you would see when the frame interior pieces were added and then using the Backgrounds 2 stencil I added Black Texture Paste and left to dry. I also added the texture paste to the frame leaving spaces on each side to add the sentiment. Once that was all dry I then heat embossed in silver both of the sentiments that you get with the set, repeating on each of the sides. I also lightly rubbed over some silver wax to enhance the black paste. All was then glued together to build the reverse canvas.

Next was to stamp out my image, I did this using Versafine Clair ink pad and a stamping platform. I then set to the fabulous task of colouring the fabulous imagery in. For my colouring medium I used colouring pencils but you could choose a variety of mediums.


I added the skull to the frame with some dimension for this I always save all the bits of greyboard, Craftyboard waste bits from the sheets of embellishments these act as great pieces to help add dimension. I glued all the bits together then added them to the back of my skull to add to the frame.

Here's What I Used:
Coloured Pencils from my own Stash

Have a great week and I will see you next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook