Broken by Amanda Southern

11:00

 Hi Everyone
For this weeks make I have started, yet another, art journal. This time I have used the That's Crafty! Craftyboard long journal which measures 7 3/4" x 4 1/4" which is a really fun size to play with. I created this double page spread using another of Kate Cranes stamp sets for Carabelle studio that up to today hadn't had an inking.


Here's What I Did:

Whilst this craftyboard surface will take a variety of mediums I decided to cover the pages with a gelli print from my stash. However I knew the A4 page I had wouldn't cover both pages in the orientation I wanted so I copied the print a couple of times using my inkjet printer. This allows not only an increase in pages but allows you to keep the original for another time, it also gives you a much smoother surface to work on especially if you want to stamp over it. I use a 300gsm cardstock in my Cannon printer to do this.


Once I had my 2 copies I glued them to the Craftyboard pages and trimmed to fit, punching the holes with my Crop-A-Dile.


Next I stamped out my images, you get 2 of the dolls in the set but I repeated the stamping as colouring them differently hopefully would be a point of difference.


I wanted the colours of the stamped images to dictate the background colour so I left that until I had coloured the images. I have cut some of the dolls in half, as that what Russian dolls are, using a die cut circle to get the cut curve accurate. 

I chose to colour these with Zig Kuretake water colour pens as the colours are so vibrant.


Once I had my colour palette done I used similar colours to add further details to my pages on top of the copied gelli print.


I began by using a brayer to added some turquoise and yellow, I then added some stamping using magenta paint and the Katzelkraft Halftone circle stamp, ensure if you are stamping with paint that you wash your stamp straight away to remove any left over paint before it dries. 
In white I then stencilled parts of AALL & Creates Lotz of Trianglz stencil. In a contrast to that I stencilled in black using a black Archival ink pad through Carabells's Fiesta mask. A little more stamping in black and doodling with a white pen adds further detail. 

The final stage was to flick some Dina Wakley Gloss Spray in co-ordinating colours onto the page and add some lines using white paint and an old credit card. Sorry I didn't take a photo before I added my images. laid out my coloured images onto the page until I had them in a position on the pages that I liked. I realised that they needed grounding onto the page so added some torn washi tape to position them on. I added them to my pages by glueing them on with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive (there's nothing better).

Here are the individual finished pages



The sentiment that completes my page is one from Dina Wakley's collage paper range that I added using gel medium.

Here's What I Used:
Gelli Print from my Stash
Archival Ink Pad - Jet Black
Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylics - Lemon, Turquoise, Magenta & White
Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays - Turquoise, Magenta & Night
Dina Wakley Collage Sheet Words - I'm not sure what set but there are some choices HERE
Washi Tape from my Stash but choices HERE
Old Credit Card
Have a great week and I will see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Clever to copy the lovely Gelli print for more mileage. I love the long form of this album, and the Matryoshkas are wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook