Bat Girl! by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have a rather tongue in cheek steampunk creation to share this week as I was removing all the craftyboard pieces from one of the steampunk style sheets and some of the leftover bits that came out made me think of bats! Can you see what I mean!

Step by Step:

A set of the papers by Amanda Southern has a really grungy style perfect for steampunk type creations so I first covered the outer frame of the shrine with one of these. What I did was to put the glue on the frame itself and then press it firmly down on the reverse of the paper. I then trimmed the outer edges and used a craft knife to cut out the centre (for use on another project!).

I next drew round the back panel on a piece of purple and yellow paper and then assembled the back box and painted the inside sections bright purple. I stamped a tree silhouette with black ink on the yellow and purple paper panel and heat embossed it with clear powder. I then glued it in place in the back of the box.

I stamped my chosen steampunk darling (she's my favourite as I just love those fabulous wings) together with the cute bat and some of the steampunk accessories on white smooth card with black ink and heat embossed them all with clear powder. I coloured all the images with Zig markers and then cut them all out.

I painted some of the bat like waste pieces with black gesso and glued them in the back of the box to form a flight of bats. I then glued the front piece to the back box. I painted an arched window bright purple and glued this at the top. I then glued on all my stamped embellishments. In the case of the little bat I made him stand out from the background by gluing him on a stack of layered waste pieces.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook