Put A Spell On You by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I know it's a bit early for Halloween but I thought I would share this piece of artwork that was featured on yesterday's Hochanda shows to hopefully tempt you to watch them on rewind if you missed them as Jo's demos were amazing and all the samples were too so it's well worth a look.

Step by Step:

My chosen substrate for this was an MDF chunkie as I'm a big fan of square shapes so this was pefect for my planned piece.

I assembled the chunkie first and then painted all of the edge pieces with black gesso, using 2 coats for good coverage as some of the very edges needed a bit more.

I then chose a piece of paper from a pack designed by Amanda which had oranges, yellows and a bit of blue. I cut this to size, distressed the edges with an emery board and glued it to the front of the chunkie.

I stamped my chosen Little Darling together with the rather cute mouse (or it could be a rat!) on smooth white card with black ink and heat embossed the images with clear powder. I coloured the images with watercolours then cut them out.

I next painted my craftyboard embellishments, stars, a window, edging and the smallest size of coffin tag with black gesso. 

I decorated the tag using the crows background stencil with some texture sand paste mixed with black gesso to make it grey.

I stamped some alphabets on cut offs from the paper I used for the main background plus a couple of other scraps, stamping with black ink and heat embossing with clear powder as before. I found that by stamping the alphabet twice, I had enough letters for my chosen text.


I took a craftyboard skull and coloured it roughly with watered down buttercup multi surface paint, then assembled the piece, matting the text on grey card before gluing it all together with a mix of multi purpose and 3D glue. As you can see, the naughty cat seems to be eyeing the little mouse as if he's going to pounce!

If you think my photo looks a bit spooky it's because I took the photo in a rush when the light was going and my camera flashed, giving an unexpected effect. Serendipity rules!


Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Little Darklings Set 3 by Kelly Horton
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Numbers and Scripts
That's Crafty! MDF Surfaces - 6 x 6in Chunkie
That's Crafty! MDF Surfaces - Coffin Tags (Smallest from a set of 3)
That's Crafty! Craftyboard - Chains
That's Crafty! Craftyboard - Christmas Wreaths and Stars
That's Crafty! Craftyboard - Skulls and Tombstones
That's Crafty! Craftyboard - Arched Windows
That's Crafty! 6 x 6in Stencil - TC60047 Crows Background
That's Crafty! A4 Paper Pack - Perfect Backgrounds Set 1
That's Crafty! Texture Sand Paste
That's Crafty! Black Gesso
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint - Buttercup
Black Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
Watercolour Paints
Smooth White Stamping Card


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook