Layered Art Journal Spread by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have a many layered art journal spread to share today which actually began a year ago when I created the background. Whilst looking through my works in progress, I came across this and thought it about time I finished it off!

Step by Step:

The pages were first prepared by swiping slightly watered down Multi Surface Paints down them and I used pale shades, choosing Buttercup, Apricot and Ivory.

Once it was dry, I used Light Blue paint with the Distressed Harlequin stencil to add a pattern on the inner side of both pages. I followed this up with my favourite Mandala stencil in all the outer corners using Lavender Multi Surface paint.

I next swiped a little white gesso onto the pages to add texture and used 2 of the word stencils to add create and art on the pages as shown with Grey Multi Surface Paint. I drew around all the letters with a purple Posca pen to emphasize them.

I stamped some of the atc word stamps on paper coloured with Light Blue Multi Surface Paint using Archival Watering Can ink and cut the tiles out, gluing them to the pages. I used a stitch stencil with Mustard Yellow Multi Surface Paint to add detail on the inner edges.

This is where I got to last year!


To finish the pages I stamped one of Alexa's gorgeous girls on the right hand page with black ink and coloured her face with paints and her hair, eyes, lips and earrings with Satin Inks.

I used the Ginger Flower stencil on both pages with a mixed of Magenta and Light Pink paints then brushed Light Pink over the top to soften the effect. The final touch was some butterflies stamped on ink sprayed paper.



Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Alexa's Faces Set 6
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Arty Wings
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - ATCoins Set 11
That's Crafty! Wire-o Journal
That's Crafty! Word Series Stencil - WS001 Create
That's Crafty! Word Series Stencil - WS002 Art
That's Crafty! 8 x 8 Stencil - TC8058 Ginger Flowers
That's Crafty! 6.5 x 7.5 Stencil - TC7016 Distressed Harlequin
That's Crafty! 8 x 8 Stencil - TC8014 Mandala
That's Crafty! 8 x 8 Stencil - TC8041 Stitches
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints
That's Crafty! Satin Inks
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Spray - Aqua
Black Ink
Archival Watering Can Ink
Purple Posca Pen
Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook