Deilcate Strength Art Journal Spread by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have another art journal spread to share this week which also began its' life last year as I'm working my way through things I started that I challenged myself to finish and I have to say I'm really enjoying doing this. It's almost as if the pages have been waiting for the right stamps to arrive!

Step by Step:

My pages began with an oxide ink background using quite pale shades which were smooshed on, misted with water and allowed to run down the surface. I always find when using Oxides that the end completely dry result is much paler than when wet but this gave a good base for my planned layers.

The next step was to use the large butterfly stencil, half on each page and add the image with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. I added further layers of stamping with one of Lynne's mark making stamp sets, again using Oxide inks (Victorian Velvet and Crushed Olive). I stamped my chosen affirmation with black ink and that's when I stopped!


When I opened up the journal and looked as these pages, I knew I wanted to add one of Alexa's of Blue Woods Design's lovely ladies so I stamped my chosen one on the left hand page with black ink and again on white stamping card. I stamped some flowers from the same set and coloured all of the images with coloured pencils and cut them out.

I next added some more stamping to the pages, using stamps from the same set. The wavy lines were stamped with VersaFine Clair Glamorous ink and the scribbly square design with Weathered Wood Distress Oxide Ink.

I began assembling my page and decided my girl needed wings so I stamped the butterfly twice and coloured them with pencils. I used one cut in half for her wings and glued the other one on the right hand page.

Once the images were glued on, I felt it wasn't quite there so I stamped some of the flowers with stalks on the pages and stamped just the flower heads on white card. I coloured the extra flowers with pencils, cut them out and glued them over the flowers stamped on the pages. I glued down just the centres and pulled the petals up a little for added dimension.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook