Bright and Funky by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I have something bright and cheery to share this week as I felt it was needed in these very uncertain times. It's one of my samples from the shows on Create & Craft (formerly The Craft Store) last month which featured the gorgeous new stamp and paper designs from Melina Dahl.

Step by Step:

As I usually do with the Shadow Tags, I glued all the sections together first. Once it was completely dry, I painted the whole of the front black. 

I next added a coat of crackle glaze over the front except the area inside the tag. Once it was tacky I added a coat of Green Multi Surface Paint and hey presto - crackle!


I tore a piece of one of Melina's fab collage papers to fit the back of the tag and glued this in place. I added a little colour to the leafy sprig on the paper with a pink pencil.

I then stamped some of the lovely new floral designs on smooth white stamping card using black ink and coloured them with pink, orange and green markers. I cut them all out leaving some of the white card surround in places.

I decided to raise the flowers up so I backed each one with a small piece of scrap MDF just gluing it in place and letting it dry. The flowers were then glued to the background in the tag, varying the height for a natural look.

The finishing touch was to add the bloom text which I cut from a scrap piece of one of the new collage papers and edged with black ink - it's so easy with these to use every single bit left.


Supplies:

Pink Pencil
Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love this! It's so bright and beautiful, just what we all need at the moment! Take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook