A Flip Top 'Art Quote' Box by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone, 

Today I'm sharing a 'Flip Top Art Quote box' that I've created using one of That's Crafty's MDF boxes and papers from Stamperia.


I have to admit to having a 'bit of a thing' for small storage boxes and over the years I've made a fair few , a couple of which you can see on this blog here and here. 
I'm a big fan of That's Crafty! MDF boxes and can highly recommend them.  They can be altered in many different ways and the MDF is a strong, sturdy substrate so will not only stand up to a whole range of mediums that you may choose to use but it will also stand the test of time. 
As well as all that they are very reasonably priced too. (Links are shared at the foot of the post) 

They come flatpacked but constructing them is super easy thanks to the clever interlocking design of the panels.

The box I have worked with is That's Crafty! small MDF box with a flip top lip- a feature of the box design which I personally love as it means the lid is always in place and won't easily get misplaced. 


I used designer papers to cover my box selected from Stamperias 'Atelier des Art' paper pad. 
This was the paper I chose to cover the outside of the box. 


I began by constructing the box adhering all the panels together with That's Crafty! Multi Surface Craft Adhesive. The flip top lid just slots into the two holes at the top of the side panels - no adhesive required. 
I then gave the box a couple of coats of black acrylic paint. 

My chosen paper was cut into square pieces to fit the sides/ lid of the box and adhered in place. 
One of Tim Holtz ideology trim tapes framed each of the paper panels and a touch of stamping using one of the stamps from AALL & Creates 'Background Noise' stamp set added a touch of text detail.


On the inner of the paper pad cover there's a selection of ephemera labels, tags with art related quotes / sentiments on them.  I used 4 of the quote labels as the focal element on each of the four sides of the box. 

 'Make Art And You Will Have Wings To Fly'. 


'Sketch Your Life And Put Colour On It'.


'If There Is Feeling There Is Art'.  


'We All Have An Artist Within Us'.


I chose another paper from the same paper pad 


This I used it to line the inside of the box and the lid.


 Just as I had with the outside paper panels I also framed the inner paper panels with some of the Ideology trim tape.  
  

After some deliberation I decided to make a feature for the lid of the box that would also serve as an alternative way to lift the lid other than flipping it. 

This was made from a small wooden cube painted black wrapped with some of the Ideology trim tape and an offcut square of white/greyboard, painted black and covered with some of the paper embellished with a brass button. 


The two were adhered together before taking their position on the lid. 


I was really pleased with how this turned out and although at the mo I'm not sure what I'll keep in it I know it will be right at home in my creative space. 


Products used: 

Paper Trimmer
Wooden Cube
Brass Button 
White/Greyboard off cuts 

I hope you have enjoyed  your time here with me today and that maybe I have offered some creative inspiration for making./ altering boxes. 

As always I appreciate you taking the time to pop by - thank you . 
Have a  fun creative week 
Take care 
Amanda 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The papers and quotes are wonderful! Love the top knob design and the additional stamping on the paper. Beautiful little ATB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much , Anita for your kind words. So happy you like . Thanks toos for taking the time to pop by - really appreciate xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook