Let your Dreams Blossom by Gill Humphrey

11:00


This week I have returned to the garden house collection for another take on the Arch Triptych.  This time it is a homage to the garden and peoples love of creating their own green space be it outside or as pots inside. Whilst there may not be a Collectables pad to co-ordinate with this collection the lovely papers by Stamperia use the back cover for elements to fussy cut out and the front cover for a lovely selection of sentiments. I have used both the 8 x 8 and 6 x 6 Garden House papers for this make.

I chose the identical papers with a paneled back ground from both of the paper pads - the one from the 8 by 8 was used for the central panel and if you position carefully you can then get both of the smaller panels from the 6 x 6 paper. The papers were adhered in place with Multi-Purpose Glue - once the glue had dried I cut around the pieces with a craft knife and then sanded them to give a neat finish before adding a little Weathered Wood Distress Oxide to the edges. 

I fussy cut the elements choosing a mix from both paper pads and then selecting the ones that best fitted the size of the project. The windows on each panel were adhered flat to the back ground and then I added the sentiments using scrap cardboard as a spacer.

The shelf unit from the 6 x 6 pad worked a lot better than the larger one and this was then added to the central panel using a piece of cardboard as a spacer for dimension. Following this I added lots of pots and the bird house to the piece as shown in the picture. I still wanting a little more movement in the project so I added some of the pots using dimensional glue gel and then tucked in the birds around the sentiments. 

To complete the piece I added a layer of the glue along the bottom so that I could ground all of the elements. Into the glue I then sprinkled 3D Powder mixed with some Finnabair art stones and Champagne Microbeads.

Once everything was set in place I used the jump rings that come with the MDF to join the pieces together.

I hope you like this project and agree that it has a very different vibe to the previous make using the same collection.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook