Spring Florals by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

This week it's all about spring with a couple of collage cards that I created to celebrate the appearance of blossoms and new leaves - a favourite time of year for me as it sees the end of a long cold winter. 

I've also got my inky mitts on some more absolutely gorgeous new floral papers designed by the ever talented Melina Dahl which are fabulous for anything floral themed.
 
Step by Step:

Card 1

You might want a cuppa before you start reading this week's post as it's quite long!
 
I picked a green patterned paper that I thought would go well with both the floral images I wanted to use. I then set about adding to them to make them unique.
 
My card bases are 5 x 7 inches and I cut a piece of the patterned paper to fit them.
 

For the purple floral card I stamped a script image on the paper with black ink.
 

I stamped my flowers on white card with black ink and coloured them with Studio Light markers in shades of purple and then cut them out.


I decided to create some extra interest so I stamped some circlular images on my leftover scraps of the collage papers designed by Melina Dahl which happily tone well with the new floral papers. I stamped script into one of the plain circles.

I glued these to the background paper, overlapping them slightly.


I added my flowers on top and finished the card with some text stamped on black card and embossed with white powder. The paper was glued to a black mat to make the panel pop.



Card 2

Working on a piece of the same pretty leaf sprig paper, I stamped on some mark making images with black ink, choosing a circular inky one and a row of wonky lines. I then trimmed out a couple of leafy bits from my collage paper scraps to add.


As for my other card, I wanted to add some circles to create interest but this time I die cut some from my collage scraps and inked all the edges black. I arranged these down the decorated paper, ovelapping as before.


I then stamped some tulips and leaves on smooth paper using black ink and coloured with my new Studio Light markers, choosing cheerful reds and yellows for the flowers. I cut them all out.

 
I glued everything together and finished off with white heat embossed text on black paper as before, together with a black mat. In the end I only used one of the tulips as more was too much! I do have ready to use leftovers for another project now which is always useful!
 
 
Supplies:

 
Have a great weekend and see you next time.
 
Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook