Garden House by Gill Humphrey

11:00


As we move towards Spring it is time to turn our heads towards the garden and what could be more perfect than creating a garden themed tryptch to display as a reminder that warmer days are just around the corner. For this make I have used an arched triptych as the base for my piece and then papers from the 8 x 8 and 6 x 6 Garden House papers.
 
I started by covering the base pieces of MDF with papers from the pads, sanded back the edges and then added a little Weathered Wood Distress Oxide around the edges. I repeated the weathered wood inking around the paper elements as I added them in to my make. To add some extra detail to the background I then stamped with a butterfly collage stamp using Nocturne ink and let it dry whilst I fussy cut out elements from the papers. 


My next step was to use cardboard scraps to add dimension to the focal image - the glass house from the papers. I then adhered the house in place at the bottom of the larger part of the triptych before trimming the sides and re punching the holes for the rings.


Having placed the main piece in place I could concentrate on building up the design. I chose to use just flowers on the two smaller pieces. I added a word plaque cut from the papers on to each side adding the elements to a piece of corrugated card before adhering them in place.

 

For the central element I added lots of fussy cut leaves taking advantage of the height created by the cardboard to tuck some of them in behind the glass house. I then added the title cut from the papers again using cardboard to add height meaning I could then tuck in some daisy shaped decorative chips before adding in more leaves and then some of the beautiful flowers. Finally I added a fussy cut butterfly for a pop of colour. 

I hope you like my make today - it is surprisingly easy to make and quite economical too which is always an added bonus - careful cutting meant that it actually only uses a few sheets of the papers leaving you lots for other projects . If you are inspired to make by this project please don't forget to share your makes on That's Crafty! Creatives Facebook page so we can see your interpretation of the project.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook