Patchwork Style Cards by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 


Hello!

This week I have some patchwork style cards to share as they're a great way to use up the leftover bits of patterned papers that often get leftover when you're creating other projects.


Step by Step:

Single Flower Card
 

 
 I decided on a squared design for my card background and measured the card blank to decide on the size for the squares and chose to use 3 across and 4 down so cut them out from the scraps of Melina's new papers, these being lovely shades of blue and lilac.

I glued the squares to a piece of dark purple paper and trimmed it to leave a narrow border. I then glued this to my card blank.

I stamped my chosen flower on smooth white card with purple ink and cut it out. I added it to a panel of paper that toned with the background and glued this to a double layered mat of dark purple and green paper. I added this to the background and finished off with a sparkly gem in the flower centre and stamped text.

Multi Flower Card
 

 
This one is very simple to create. I added a panel of one of the pretty new papers to the background. I then cut a number of scraps into squares to place on the central element, gluing them to a double mat of green then dark purple paper as before.

I stamped several of the pretty little floral images from one of the new sets from Melina on white smooth card using black ink. I coloured them with markers in shades to tone with the papers and cut them out.

I arranged 5 flowers on the patchwork squares leaving the bottom right as is. Once I was happy with the placement, I glued the flowers in place together with some text cut from the new paper bits I had left.

I finished off with a leaf sprig cut from one of the collage paper bits as I thought the black and white a good contrast to the pastel shades of the rest of the card.


Supplies:

Green and Dark Purple Paper
Blue Gem


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook